Take a breath and think about how you are incorporating simplicity into your life.
Now, take a moment and think of adverse / complex scenarios in your life.
Open up a word document and get ready to type some things in.
1) Identify One Relationship or Situation in your Life that makes you feel good in your heart & soul. Think beyond artificial things or activities that give you instant gratification that is short-lived.
2) List 3 simplistic responses to the positive stimuli you have, either consciencely or unconsciously.
3) Recount how the relationship or situation was or is simple. Are your responses natural? In what ways and to what degree to you care about the person or what is happening?
Action: Think of ways you can incorporate simplicity, a simple thinking strategy, to manage the adversity in a way that decreases your anxiety and increases an optimistic perception of the thoughts or scenarios that are challenging in your life.
Things to Consider when Transforming Your Approach and Way of Thinking:
2) Do your lenses need changed, cleaned, changed?
3) Is it time to put down the magnifying glass to stop overanalyzing your thoughts?
4) Do you listen more than you speak?
5) Should you write down what is adverse or is bothering you on a piece of paper and put it into a serenity box?
Having the right mind-set is critical when approaching any type of adverse situation. There is a quote used in baseball that I use as a coach - "The game was lost before the first pitch was even thrown".